Thursday, March 17, 2011

Goals and what not

I almost never make lists or goals that I know I'm to lazy to conquer. However, after reading 9's blog it may be a step in the right direction for me. I really don't like putting a lot of effort into things i don't care for, I want to be easy so I wont have to work so hard. sad I know but when you have worked hard doing everything else you kind of want to have a little easy button in your life. Derby wasn't so easy or fun at times. Your body is constantly sore, you are way to hard on yourself when you cant get anything right and it sucks. The thing that I had to keep telling myself was that it will get better, I was not doing all this work to NOT be a derby girl. I constantly longed for the day I could "Dixie Throw" a bitch. I LOVED hitting, just hated doing all other exercises that didn't involve them. yeah i know its dumb but that's how i have always been. Like off skates training, I sooooo DO NOT want to run are anything else for that matter. But if i just skated like I have been doing and haven't done anything else what good am I to my teammates? It took FOREVER for me to build the little endurance I had and that solely based on my lack of cardio and my unwillingness to do anything that didn't require 8 wheels. After seeing my wife Helley skate with BCR after 2 months I could hardly keep up with her. The power in her strides were a thing of beauty. I have never seen her look so good. She had been doing off skates practices with BCR and while I shunned the idea my wife was making herself better. Yes exercises suck in the beginning but it gets easier as the time progress. Off skates practice seems to be yet another way to be less stressed. No matter how shitty I feel before I go skating the minute I start its like loads have been lifted off my shoulders. I'm pretty sure off skates practice does the same for those who attend.

I'm pretty much watching myself grow into one of the tweedles from Alice in Wonderland. I know what I have to do to take care of the problem. Its the get up and go that is my problem. What is soooo hard about going for a walk or working out to make myself better? Helley once wrote a blog about making herself better but for who? She decided to focus more on herself making herself better for herself, for once she was being selfish and made herself a better athlete. Her transformation during her off season with BCR was something that I actually look forward to. I cant wait for the day that I can be like her and the rest of BCR. They are like Titans on the track. Literally all shapes and sizes and are not to be underestimated. Amyn may be tiny but she will knock the biggest chick on her ass if she gets in the way.

but anywho it is time to set some goals of my own, im not gonna make some long list i know i cant achieve. I will however make realistic goals for myself to put in the right direction of becoming a better skater for myself first and then my team. Yes it will be a struggle the end result is all I realy care about, being on the track with great respectable players. so without here goes:

Goals for Vix
1. even when i ssssoooo dont feel like it, do my physical thereapy.....theres a reason the doc gave it to me

2. even though I hate the gym, going to my cousin's free gym and getting on the cycle will only help in the long run.

3. cut back on the junk food, everytime I think about fast food take that money and put in the derby/gas fund......you'd be suprised on how much you save

4. edurance, cario, plyo, whatever lol learn it, live it, love it! it makes for a better skater

5. self motivate!!!!!! no one can stop me but me


                                                                        Voluptuously yours,
                                                                              Vix♥

2 comments:

  1. BD and I have been working on the fast food thing. We haven't been so good the past week, but the amount of money you save by choosing to shop for groceries and eat at home is RIDICULOUS. And go to Publix, use their buy one get one free deals.

    The best thing I've found I can do for myself is plan workouts. If I just say "I'm gonna workout today" but don't know what I intend to do, then I'm much more likely not to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok please please please help sista out lol all jokes aside i dont know where to start so whatever advice u have is mos def appreciated thanx kat

    ReplyDelete